Tuesday, May 8, 2007

It's Over

What's over? you may ask.

My perfect driving record. I got a ticket.

Unfortunately, I don't have a great got-pulled-over-by-a-police-officer-tried-to-cry-my-way-out-of-it sort of story to tell.

Instead, I have a came-home-from-work-got-the-mail-there-was-a-ticket story.

I got a ticket for failing to come to a complete stop at a red light before making a right turn. I'm pretty sure that if the camera hadn't caught me, no one would have bothered to pull me over for this offense.

I can tell you that I have a small feeling of how actors and actresses feel when they see pictures of themselves taken by the papparrazzi. I looked horribly disgruntled in my photo, because I had no idea anyone was watching! I have no idea why I look so grumpy, but I wish I had been singing my heart out. Oh, well.

Anyway, I fear our society is having less and less personal interaction. I mean, you can't even get a ticket from a police officer anymore, the camera gives it to you!

6 comments:

~ jen ~ said...

At least you weren't doing over 100 MPH in a 60, and totally ignored the State Trooper on your tail for almost 5 miles! That one cost me $600!!!! But I got to interact with an actual person, no matter how brutish he was....

kathryn said...

oh dear! Well, you'll certainly be watching yourself now, eh?! I have received one ticket in my almost 30-year career. . for a rolling stop!!! bah!!! that's just pitiful, isn't it?

Amy said...

Aarrgh! 400 dollars plus! Do these people think I'm made of money?

Kathryn, I'm glad you've been in the same situation, makes me feel a bit better. I will DEFINITELY be watching myself!

The Secret Life of Kat said...

I'm so sorry Amy. What a bummer.

Lisa said...

That sinks! I've gotten one for speeding and it wasn't too bad--like $25. Remember the ticket Mike got going to New York for spring break? What a memory. :)

ldperez said...

amy - i got stopped for going through a stop sign once, too. i was probably like 16 yrs old at the time and just got a warning. i was scared, though! bummer that you got a ticket!!!!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate hearing your thoughts.