Thursday, January 17, 2008

Booking Through Thursday

It's Thursday time for Booking through Thursday....

How much do reviews (good and bad) affect your choice of reading? If you see a bad review of a book you wanted to read, do you still read it? If you see a good review of a book you’re sure you won’t like, do you change your mind and give the book a try?

This is a great question, actually. Reviews affect my choice in a reading a lot, especially if I've never read the author's work before. I think good reviews have the tendency to have an impact more than bad. If I read a raving review of a book, I will immediately want to read it. A bad review is more likely to cause me to delay reading it as opposed to simply not reading it altogether. A good review might make me reconsider a book I didn't think I would like, but a bad review won't keep me from reading one I think I might.

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I appreciate hearing your thoughts.